Saturday, September 12, 2020 — 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Join CNPS Conservation Program staff and experts in a free introductory conservation advocacy seminar for chapter volunteers interested in developing their advocacy skills. Newbies and experienced volunteers alike are welcome!
Topics in this online event will include:
- A primer on California plant conservation laws
- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) 101
- The basics of how to provide effective comments during the CEQA review process
- Everything you always wanted to know about CNPS litigation but were afraid to ask
- Climate change and wildfire impacts in environmental review
Our CNPS East Bay Conservation Committee needs volunteers to help us protect native plants and their habitats. We work to conserve our native flora in the face of numerous proposed development projects in Alameda and Contra Costa counties. Every volunteer makes a difference: sometimes a bad project can be stopped or changed for the better by just one person following it. To join other volunteers protecting native plants, contact Jim Hanson, Conservation Committee Chairperson, at email@example.com.